Today I really wanted to work on the next blog post (I have something really cool I’m working on) and about 15 other things on my “to do” list, but I just didn’t feel up to it.
Sometimes you need to listen to your body, right? 🙂 In healing you need to work on not only nourishing the body but also nourishing the mind and soul as well.
So instead of doing all that other stuff, I took the day to do somethings that made me feel good, connected to my spirit, relaxed!
Here are some of the things I did today to re-energize and take care of myself:
1. I committed to relaxation. I decided when I woke up that I wasn’t going to get stressed out by trying to do a whole bunch of “stuff”, I just wanted a “take it easy and go with the flow” day.
2. I took a nap. Sleep is always a good way to recharge! I crawled into bed around 1:30 with a good book and dozed off for an hour!
3. Did yoga. I LOVE doing yoga. I love stretching and feeling my energy open up.
4. Meditated. After yoga I always try to take about 15-20 minutes (if I have the time) to spend meditating. I feel that my mind is always quieter after yoga and I like to spend time focusing on my breath and then visualizing white, healing light all around me.
5. Sage smudging for energy clearing. I love sage! Whenever I feel like my energy is low or things feel “stuck” I get out my sage and do a quick smudging. If you are not familiar with smudging here is the wiki page and a cute video from Goddess Leonie on smudging.
6. Spent time in the kitchen. I love cooking and doing “kitchen” stuff. So, I made some coconut flour banana muffins for Blake, soaked some seeds, and made my soup for the week. I really do enjoy my time in the kitchen. Sometimes the amount of time I spend cooking is exhausting, but I love knowing I am nourishing my family and we are healing from it. It’s time well spent!
7. Took a relaxing bath. I love taking baths! I add epsom salts, a few crystals of pink Himalayan salt, a little baking soda, coconut oil and some essential oils for a nice, relaxing detoxifying bath. Just soaked away the worries!
8. Listen to relaxing music. My favorite Pandora station is called Calm Meditation. That about says it all.
I still had to do laundry and dishes and super, but I was so much more relaxed and able to enjoy my day because I took time for me.
What do you do to relax and recharge yourself?